Need of the Hour :
- India has a 3 system process for orphans viz. Adoption Centres, Child Care Institutions and After Care Institutions
- Adoption Centres only cater to 0-5 years after which the orphans are sent to Child Care Institutions to stay there until they are of 18 years of age. After Care Institutions provide support between 18-21 years of age.
- For over 900 Child Care Institutions just in the state of Maharashtra, there are only 7 recognised After Care Institutions
- The un-adopted children in the CCIs are devoid of basic human necessities for an wholesome Emotional, Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Development
- Ankur Pratishthan becomes the answer to care and development of these overlooked children. Ankur works with an indigenously developed model to deliver highest level of efficiency for these kids.